PRIVACY & cookies policy
This Privacy Notice describes how Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist collects, uses and shares the personal information you provide and the personal information collected through the operation of Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist's business and website.
This Privacy Notice should be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions.
This Notice may be revised at any time so please check it regularly.
1. Information we collect and how we collect it
Personal information, or personal data, is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. Various different methods to collect data from and about you are used:
INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM YOU
Personal information that you provide to Christy Waterfall will be processed including when you email or contact us in various ways as follows:
- Direct interaction: by filling in website or written forms or by engaging with us by post, phone, email, online, in person or otherwise you may provide your name, telephone number, email address, postal address, event information, content/date/time of your correspondence and information about your business or employer.
- Use of our website: when you contact Christy Waterfall with enquiries through christywaterfall.com or sign up to newsletters, events or similar you may also provide the information referred to above.
INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIRD PARTIES AND OTHERWISE
Christy Waterfall may also collect personal information through third parties and in other ways such as:
- From another makeup artist or salon: Christy Waterfall might receive information from third parties such as hair salons or other makeup artists, other parties relevant to the services provided by Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist. That information could include your name, contact details, employment details and other information relevant to the makeup services provided.
- Recruitment: If you apply for a position with Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist, personal information may be collected relating to past employment, qualifications and education, opinions from third parties about you, past employment history and other details about you, which may be provided by a third party.
- In connection with marketing and business development activities: Christy Waterfall may receive personal information about you from analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers, data brokers or aggregators and publicly available sources such as Companies House, the Electoral Register, social media and other information available on the internet.
2. How we use the information we collect
Personal data will only be used when the law allows and for the purposes for which it was collected, unless it is reasonably considered that it needs to be used for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To provide makeup services to you, the client.
- Marketing and business development in relation to Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist's services. This may include sending newsletters, updates, marketing communications and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of these communications at any time by contacting us.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- To exercise or defend legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings.
- To record and monitor use of the christywaterfall.com website for business purposes which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of marketing reports.
- For legitimate business interests such as undertaking business research and analysis, managing the operation of the christywaterfall.com website and business.
- To investigate complaints and queries and to prevent and respond to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities.
- Where you have applied for a position with Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist, to review and process your job application.
- To collate, process and share any statistics based on an aggregation of information held by us provided that any individual is not identified from the resulting analysis and the collation, processing and dissemination of such information is permitted by law.
GROUNDS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist relies on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a contract - Christy Waterfall may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform obligations under a contract with you.
- Legitimate interest - your personal information may be used for our legitimate interests, some examples of which are given above.
- Compliance with law or regulation - your personal information may be used as necessary to comply with applicable law/regulation.
- Consent - Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist may (but usually does not) need your consent to use your personal information. You can withdraw your consent by contacting Christy Waterfall on email@example.com.
3. How we share information with third parties
Your personal information may have to be shared with parties outside of Christy Waterfall for the purposes set out above. These third parties may include:
- Salons, hair stylists, wedding suppliers or other makeup artists that might be working with Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist and require personal information to fulfil their services.
All third parties are required to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. Third-party service providers are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist only permits them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
If and where your personal information is transferred outside of the Europe Economic Area (EEA), we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it. In all cases, however, any transfer of your personal information will be compliant with applicable data protection law.
4. Keeping your information and security
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes under which is was collected it and/or are lawfully using it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any makeup services.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, the following items are considered: the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which the information is processed and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist will ensure that the personal information held is subject to appropriate security measures.
In some circumstances, your personal data may be anonymised (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case this information may be used indefinitely without further notice to you.
5. Your legal rights in relation to the information
Under certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include:
- Requesting access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data held about you by Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist and to check that it is being lawfully processed. Please note that there may be circumstances in which requests may be refused, such as where privilege applies.
- Requesting correction of the personal data held about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though the accuracy of the new data you provide may need to be verified.
- Requesting that your personal information is erased. Please note that there may be circumstances where Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist may not be able to comply with a request for legal reasons, of which you will be notified if applicable.
- Objecting to and/or requesting that processing of your personal information is restricted by Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist. Again, there may be circumstances where Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist is legally entitled to refuse that request.
- Requesting the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for use or where the information provided was used to perform a contract with you.
- Withdrawing your consent where Christy Waterfall Makeup Artist relies on consent to process the information. This may mean certain services are unable to be provided to you and, in certain circumstances, it may be lawful to continue processing without your consent if this is another legitimate reason for doing so.
You are in control of cookies and so this article also describes how you can change your settings. You can also find out more about cookies on these two websites If you want further information about cookies on these two websites www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information or to request to exercise of any of the rights referred to above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with any concerns so please contact us in the first instance.